Dear Fellow Redeemed at Trinity,
The day that we can once again gather at Trinity has finally come, as Governor Walz has lifted the Stay at Home Order. However, we are not quite where I had hoped we would be as far as our ability to have Divine Service. Due to the severely limited number of people allowed into the building, which as of May 18 is a MAXIMUM of 10 people, we will need to offer a number of different service times to accommodate the congregation. Please note that EACH INDIVIDUAL MUST be signed up for a service time by 4:00 pm on the Friday before, so that we avoid exceeding our limit of 10 persons. For example: John & Jane Doe want to attend Divine Service on Saturday, May 23rd at 4:00 pm. The household member signing them up must select two slots for that service. You may select the service time and sign up for it online HERE or contact Laura in the Church Office at 736-4869.
Our available service times for Divine Service are:
- Saturday evenings at 4 pm, 5 pm, and 6 pm
- Sunday mornings at 8 am, 9 am, 10 am, and 11 am
- Sunday afternoons at 1 pm, 2 pm, and 3 pm
If these service times fill we will offer additional times. The first services will be held the weekend of May 23rd and 24th.
For the time being, we have to make a number of adjustments to what happens as we gather for Divine Service. Please read through the following to help familiarize yourself with these adjustments.
Order of Service
- We will be following the suggestion of holding shorter services and parts of the liturgy will be omitted.
- The Divine Service will be printed.
- To assist in shortening the service, only the Hymn of the Day will be sung.
- The Lord’s Supper will be distributed in a continuous line with one person at a time receiving the Sacrament. Or at 6 foot intervals around the altar.
- There will be staging spots on the carpet in the aisle to assist in keeping proper distances.
- When it is your turn to come forward, pastor will hand you the wafer followed by the cup. Once you have received the elements you place the emptied cup in the receiving bowl and return to your seat.
- The Dismissal will be spoken after everyone has communed.
- There will be no coffee or treats served.
- Please greet each other without touching.
- We request that people not gather in the Narthex, but can go outside to visit.
Weekly Protocol for Divine Service
- Enter the foyer of the church building one person or family at a time
- Upon entering the Narthex, use the Purell hand sanitizer foam
- Offering plates are placed on either side of the entrance to the Nave to receive gifts and tithes. (No purple slips will be gathered)
- Please be seated only in marked front pews with worship materials on them
- For the Distribution of the Lord’s Supper pastor will be masked and wear gloves.
- Please do not leave bulletins or printed orders of service papers on pews, place them in recycling bins as you leave the Nave
- Please greet others safely by going outside to visit at a safe social distance
(Your temperature will NOT be taken as you enter the church for Divine Service.)
- While the Restrooms off the Narthex will be open, we encourage people to avoid using them if possible.
- The Nursery and School addition will be closed.
- If you wish to wear a mask, please provide your own. You will not be required to wear a mask, as we believe we have sufficient space to accommodate good social distancing.
- Anyone experiencing any symptoms of sickness, or anyone who has a household member who is sick or showing any symptoms of sickness should NOT attend Divine Service. These symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
I look forward to seeing you in person soon. “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.” (2 Thessalonians 3:16)
In the peace of Christ,